Sunday, January 26, 2014

Whiteout.

Well the long run that I had planned on my favorite trail that runs along a river got moved to my treadmill.  It wasn't horrible. I just distracted myself with reading The Hunger Games again.  We had blizzard/whiteout conditions and the trail that I wanted to run isn't maintained in the winter so I didn't need to die out there.  

Thankfully my body wasn't too tired from moving my mom in the freezing cold yesterday to get it done.
I came home from working and ate a big bowl of oatmeal and got on the treadmill.  It was really good fuel. I had a little bag of dried cherries to start boosting my energy once I got to mile five.

When I did my 12 mile run I fueled with fruit snacks and my tummy was so upset the rest of the day that I want to explore other options. I don't need to be feeling like that on race day.

So I had a bowl of oatmeal, then ran 8 miles burning 850ish calories.  Pretty sure I was at a negative calorie balance by that point for the day.  I don't like to eat for a few hours after I run.  I'm just not hungry.  I know that studies say to eat within 30 minutes of finishing your workout, but I can't always force myself to do it.  Plus I like to enjoy my meal without trying to meet the many many needs of my three children.  That means I often wait until I put them to bed to eat.

I baked ciabatta bread so I cut myself a healthy number of slices of that.  I also diced up some pickles and added it to a can of tuna and ate that as well as broccoli and dill dip.  It didn't take me long to feel full so doubtful I had enough calories for the day.

I enjoyed my run today. I really like long runs, it feels good to wring my body out.


What distance feels good to you?


What is the worst weather you have ever run in ?



I made ciabatta bread today.  It had been some time since I had made it and wanted to see if I could still do it.  It is delicious!


Worked brunch today and my brother Ben is a chef where I work so this dish was named after him!


On our way to the Dells last year.  I like it when they sleep in the car.


The baby did pretty well on the trip over too.


No comments: