Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Fast Lane.

I didn't get to do my planned run yesterday.  It made me anxious and sad.  But I felt like my chest cold was starting all over again, which also made me sad.  Thankfully I started to feel slightly better as evening rolled around and I went to bed early.  Today my chest is still congested (pretty much since December 28th), but not feeling awful.

I WAS able to get the training run done today.  I had planned on doing sprint and hill intervals and here is what I did.

Mile 1 = Warm up 5.5 mph

Mile 2 = Pace of 6.5 mph

Mile 3 = Pace of 5.5 mph

Mile 4 = .20 at 4% incline and .10 at 1% incline at 5.5 mph

Mile 5 = 2 minutes at 7 mph then 1 minute at 5 mph

Got 5 miles done in 51 minutes!!  I actually don't feel completely spent after all that which kind of leads me to believe that I could/should have pushed harder.  I don't want to injure myself so I'll call it good.

Even though I didn't get my run in yesterday I was able to bake a batch of bread and do a batch of yogurt.  I made smoothies for the girls and I this morning and they drank them down so fast!

Only seeing Scott in passing today and tomorrow as I work in the morning and he works in the evening.  Then I'll be helping my mother move on Saturday and back to work that evening.  Sunday I am working brunch until 2 and plan on just doing my long run from there since the trail along the river is right by the restaurant!  Planning on 8 miles and the temps should be nice...I'm quite excited!


Do you do any speed work?

Do you feel awful when you miss a scheduled workout?



 Made a fire and sat in front of it a lot yesterday.


 Mustache. 


 Scott and Olive snuggling with the Giant Panda.



Erin saved the princess!!!!!!!

 Olive sharing her paci with the pony.


Izzy loves bugs so I caught her a moth and trapped it under a glass so she could watch it.  She was so happy.

No comments: