Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Change it Up.

I'm a little nervous to change this from a mostly blog about my kids to a blog about the things I am doing now, but since I haven't posted in over 2 years, maybe a change of genre will get more posts going.

My babies are now 7, 4, and 2.  Erin is now in second grade and Izzy is loving preschool.  Izzy starts kindergarten next year and it will be super weird having two in school all day.

I got a job in June of this past year at a gourmet market and restaurant and love it there.  I love the people, I love the food, I love the culture of foodies!  I was drowning staying home full time with the kids and am so grateful that I am able to get out of the house, talk with some people, and even make a little money.

My running has really taken off this past year.  When I started running again after I had Olive I was 25 pounds heavier and was running a 12 minute mile.  Now I'm running a 9.5 minute mile pretty comfortably and signed up for a half marathon (13.1 miles) in May.

My goal this year is to run 1000 miles.  That would mean I need to run about 20 miles a week.  I have learned that I love long distances.  I did my first double digit run (12 miles) last year and think about it often.  It was hard, but it was magical and felt amazing.  I had originally planned a 9 mile route, but I took a wrong turn and ended up being 12.  It was a pretty windy day and the first 7 miles were uphill!

My ten year goal with running is to qualify and run the Boston Marathon.  I know a lot of people want to do that and have done it, but it would mean the world to ME.  Running has become MY sport.  It's for me and it makes me incredibly happy.  I no longer run because I think that I should, but because I want to.  I crave it.

I have also switched to preferring to run outside than running on the treadmill.  I cannot do my outside pace on the treadmill.  I struggle a bit to maintain a 10 minute mile on the treadmill where a 9.5 minute mile was easy outside.  That all said to qualify for Boston I need to run a 3 hour and 40 minute marathon which translates to a 8.5 minute mile....for 26.2 miles!!!  Thankfully it is a 10 year goal.

So this blog will most likely migrate to being a blog about running and random pictures of my kids.
 Girls watching a movie nicely....for once.


 Snowman building!!!


 New haircut for me.


New running shoes!!!!!

No comments: