Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Birthday Party 4 & 1...beware of the picture laden post!

Erin was very happy with her Tinkerbelle cake. I was very happy with how it turned out. I was also very happy that I was able to relax about the level of perfection I wanted to achieve with the cake. Good enough is good enough.

This is our Bee Pinata that Erin and I made! Scott also helped with attaching the stinger, with gorilla glue no less, and made and attached the wings. I have to admit that when I saw him pull out the clear plastic wrap, straws, and tape I only imagined him throwing it all down in frustration. Instead he made some pretty impressive wings for Mr. Bee!


Our 4 day old nephew also made it to the party. Isn't he perfect!!!!



No Tinkerbelles were harmed in the making of this cake.




Here is Izzy's cake. I used up every red food coloring thing I had in the house to get the frosting as red as I could for the ladybug. Next time I need red....I'm buying red frosting.




Water fights were had....and the adults filled up squirt guns for the little squirts.




Run Walker!!!! Zig, then zag....



The mostly happy hosting couple. I lathered on at least 5 different anti-frizz, leave-in conditioner products for the party. Then I didn't touch my hair. If I had touched it and un-crunched the curls, the poofness would have scared the small children.



Pinata Time!!! Swing baby!



Look at the form!



Come here Bee!



Hiiiiiiiiyyyyyyyaaaaa! Anna was very good with the sound effects.



Man, this bee is tough.



Ok, finish er' off Ethan! WE WANT CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Only two handfuls each children.


Slip..........and...........Slide!



Izzy, baby, wake up, we want to open presents and eat cake now.





I love it!




Tasty.

Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme!





Believe it or not, but the red frosting did come out of the dress.



Happy birthday girls!!!!

No comments: