Saturday, August 12, 2006

Harvest Time!!




Harvest season is great, and tiring. This is just a sample of what is coming out of my garden now. I should pick about as many tomatoes today. Needless to say I need to start canning, assuming I can find some time before they all rot. I'm trying to find a great salsa recipe because it will use up the most tomatoes and peppers.

I just can't believe how good my garden does here. I don't have pepper plants I have pepper trees. And my tomato plants have caused their cages (which are supposed to support them) to fall over. I tried cabbages for the first time this year and they turned out so pretty. I am also very proud of my first attempt at watermelon. Generally melons don't do that well this far up north, but I must have the touch. =)

Isn't it pretty!! I can't wait to eat some.

No comments: