Friday, March 21, 2014

Scream and Shout!

I do not post on a regular basis....and I'm okay with that!

Still doing lots of treadmill miles, but I do like being able to watch TV or read on my Nook while on the treadmill.  Plus I don't have to carry a water bottle or worry about what to do if I have to go to the bathroom.  However....I am missing my Monster Hill pretty bad.  It's crazy hard to run up, but the things it does for my speed is magical so I'm anxious to get back to it.  

I had one of the worst runs I have had in a long time yesterday.  I had taken the day off the day before and thought I would be able to get up early and bang out 6 miles before I needed to get the girls ready for school.  Well I had to fight and struggle for 5, but I'm really proud of myself for not quitting.  

I also know from experience that if you don't let that horrible run discourage you too much the next runs are usually amazing!  I'm just really hoping that I don't have a clunker of a run day on my half marathon day....

I'm also feeling a little daunted by my goal of getting my pace to be comfortable at 8:30.  So I have to keep reminding myself that 10:00 was really hard for me at one point and I got my pace down to 9:30 last year before I pulled a muscle.  I think if I aim for :30 off my pace this year and try for a 9:00 pace that is a good goal.

The girls are so stir crazy that it's making me even more crazy.  We've been stuck in the house an extravagant amount of time this winter and even though it is warming up outside a bit there is just too much snow and mud to even run around yet.  So they run around the house. And scream. And yell. And fight. And if this winter doesn't bugger off soon I'm going to lose it!

We got 8 chicks out of our first batch of eggs.  Pretty impressive since I thought they were all gonners because of us losing power for 25 hours!


This is my Izzy.  So forceful and feels emotions so profoundly.


Olive.  Just happy to not be in the cart!



Erin at her musical this year.  She had a line that she spoke at the microphone.  She was nervous, but I let her know that being brave doesn't mean you aren't scared.  Love this girl!


Screw winter, I'm grilling!


Beautiful sunset view at our house...the snow can leave though.


Planned to run outside on a gorgeous day we had on a trail that I love only to find that the half I wanted to run was under at least 2 feet of snow.  I ran the other way where it was cleared and it was nice to be outside even if I had to puddle jump.

No comments: