Monday, May 25, 2009

Como Zoo!


This is Erin's first trip to the zoo. We went to Como Zoo as it is free and I remember going there as a kid. I also love the zoo so it was fun for me too. Thankfully the weather was perfect. We drove through some rain on the way there, but it was sunny and in the low 70's, a pregnant woman's dream! My brother Ben and his girlfriend Katie (whom we all adore!) live very close to the zoo so we all went together.

Here are the huge turtles that they have and Erin looking at them.




These are the African hoofed animals and it smelled like poo in this area, so whenever Erin sees this pictures all she says is "stinky".

It was nap time for the large cats, but they were still very cool to see. Erin was getting quite tired by this time so we had to move quickly to avoid toddler melt-down.



When Erin saw the giraffes she was so excited and BEGGED to ride them. . . the real ones. We eventually got her to settle for the fake ones, but had to wait in a small line for other families to get their pictures. Of course once it was our turn some rude family walked right up in front of us and put their kids on the giraffes instead. So as we kept talking to Erin about waiting, being patient, and taking turns it's the adults who needed the talk instead.








It was surreal to see these gorillas for me this time. They are so big I would hate to meet one in the jungle. There were some gorillas inside as well and Erin was amused by the one that was picking it's nose and eating their buggers.









We saw the short seal show, but we didn't make it there in time to get a seat. Erin had a good spot though, Ben is a little over 6 feet tall. She loved the way his hair felt so she just kept rubbing his head the whole time.





Here is Erin with Katie, Ben's girlfriend. She is the best and so pretty!


I remember coming here and were able to buy a little bit of fish and feed the seals, but it you can't feed them anymore.

They have an old carousel here too, and Scott took Erin on it. She was beyond tired by this time and it was a creative chore to keep her happy. Once she got on her horse she was happy, and then when it started to spin a huge smile spread across her face. Getting her off was a whole different matter. . . tears and more tears. So what did we do, went to McDonalds and got her chicken nuggets, fries and a little pop. We didn't leave my brother's apartment until about 3:30 and Erin was asleep in about 4 minutes after we took off. She has never fallen asleep that fast in the car!




Baby stuff is going well. I have given Izzy her own pillow and that has helped tremendously with my sleep. My back pain is nearly gone, which is so great because I NEED my sleep! Contractions seem under control even with getting some stuff around the house.
We got the peppers and tomatoes in the ground the past few days. There were nearly 40 tomato plants to put in the ground with their corresponding steaks. Scott was kind enough to cut me some steaks out of branches that were laying around our property, as well as dig the majority of the holes for them. Now we have cucumbers, melons and corn left to plant! Plus we have decided that we need some sort of fence to keep the deer out as they seem to enjoy nibbling on my vegetable babies. Then find someone who has some straw for sale to mulch the garden so we don't go crazy with having to weed all summer. I have a feeling that we may be busy with other things.
I have another midwife appointment on Wednesday and as long as things are still looking good Erin and I will be headed to see my dad for the weekend.
My brother Jon is leaving for basic training on June 7th!!! So we are having a little going away party for him on Tuesday. Also with other big news. . . he got married on the 27th! That boy and so much stuff at once. . . enough to make a pregnant woman go crazy!

No comments: