Saturday, March 31, 2007

I'm an Auntie!

My husband's only sister had a baby boy on March 12th! His name is Walker. So little. So cute. As soon as he gets a little older Erin will have somone to play with. It was weird holding such a little baby again. He was 6 and a half pounds when he was born. I had trouble beliving that Erin was ever that small!

All I know is that life changes dramatically when you have a baby. A lot of those changes are good. But it can also be hard when you would like to just go do something for hours by yourself to relax. I think that I will get more time to get out without the baby once she is done nursing. Once she is on her own as far a food goes, then daddy can help out a lot more.



Erin will be 9 months old next week. It really does go fast. She isn't quite crawling yet, more of a scoot. But she is pulling herself up on everything! I predict lots of bumps and brusies in her future. And lots of magic mommy kisses to make it better.

She has also started to play peek-a-boo with me which is so so cute. She also loves to smoosh her face into mine right before she goes to bed. Such a goofy girl, she makes me laugh.


I'm still working on my sweater. Now that the weather is warming up and I won't be able to finish it. The directions were not very good in one part however. It told me to skip something to knit the back, which I did, and failed to tell me that the shaping was what I needed to skip but still put those rows in. So the back is about 2 inches shorter than the front at the moment. I was frustrated so I started on the sleeves.


We also have a list of spring-summer-fall projects a mile long. It will be different doing projects with a baby this year. We will have to work hard during her naps and then break while she is awake. If anyone has tips on how to motivate a husband to get started on said projects, I would love to hear them. Here is the pergola that we put in last year. One of our most enjoyed projects yet.

No comments: