Monday, February 05, 2007

Da, Da??

So I get pregnant, am horrendously sick for 8 weeks, get big and uncomfortable. I go into pre-term labor and am stuck in the hospital for a week and then bedrest after that. I give birth and take care of this little life 24/7 for the past 7 months without hardly a break . . . and she says Da Da first!!!! I even intentionally would say Ma Ma every time I got her up from naps or throughout the day. My husband Scott always would say Ma Ma to her so that she would say that first. But no, it's Da Da and she can't seem to say it enough.

It really is very cute though. I don't really feel bad about it. Little girls are supposed to love their daddies. Once she gains more understanding and verbal skills she'll being saying Ma Ma all the time. I can't wait.


And whomever ordered this cold weather though can take it back! I was enjoying our mild winter. I'll take snow, but the sub-zero temperatures can stay away.

My sister-in-law is due next month. She's having a little boy and I am so excited. She is going to make me an aunt. I'm trying to pick out very thoughtful gifts, ones that I wish someone had given me or that I knew about. Every mother needs and deserves anything and everything that will make motherhood easier.

Here's a picture of our little puppy. It is impossible to keep socks on her. She thinks it is a game to take them off and stuff them in her mouth. With a face like that who could get mad.


No comments: